Visitors to Los Barriles can sample several local restaurants that serve authentic, tasty Mexican food at very reasonable rates. Two small spas that recently opened provide massage and body treatments for weary travelers. In town, there are a couple of small shops where some good bargains can be found, but for the serious shoppers a short trip to Santiago, Cabo or even La Paz is easily arranged. These towns also have the nightclubs and nightlife atmosphere that you won’t find in Los Barriles.
Traveling to Baja
Los Barriles is located midway between La Paz and Cabo San Lucas in Baja California. The airport at San Jose del Cabo (SJD), is about an hour drive from Los Barriles.
Most major airports in the United States schedule regular flights to San Jose del Cabo. Keep in mind that you will need a valid passport to enter Baja. When you deboard the plane, you will need to show the blue and white immigration form that you were given during your flight. Your form will be stamped as you pass through immigration and you will be given a copy of the form that you must keep with your passport. You will need this form to return to the United States.
After you retrieve your luggage you will pass through customs. After customs, you can pick up your rental car or look for your scheduled car service. A rental car is not necessary for your stay in Los Barriles. We recommend Turis Pancho who will pick you up and provide airport to door service. We can easily arrange transportation for you as we do for most of our guests. If you do decide to rent a vehicle, it’s best to reserve it before leaving the States. Please note that you will need to purchase liability insurance on your rental car as US car insurance does not transfer to a Mexican car rental.
What our guests say...
- "Our family had a wonderful reunion and your home had so much to do with it! Each of the cousins had a wonderful stay and were sad to leave. Many threatened to miss their flights..."
- "Casa de Las Palmas is a wonderful house! It is perfect for a family of any size, a group of friends, or couples. Its right on the beach, very close to town, and a delightful place to hang out, day or night..."
- "Our family had the most remarkable time at the house on the beach. the house was beyond our expectations - well maintained and had everything that we needed..."
- "I've now stayed at this wonderful house several times, and I'll be back yet again. My friends and I found this place to be perfect for our large group..."
- "We have been visiting Los Barriles for 17 years and this is the second year we have stayed at Casa de las Palmas. This is a fabulous home, nicely decorated and right on the beach..."
- All in all, this was one of the best vacations any of our group (we had 12) have ever had! Even the fussiest enjoyed themselves. The grounds are beautiful and safe. We were really impressed and hope to come back soon. Casa de Las Palmas - highly recommended!